I’ve been slacking a bit on the blog thing this week. I just haven’t had a lot going on that’s noteworthy! I managed to single out 6 things going on for me though:
1) I’ve been running a bit more lately and loving it. I’m working on upping my weekly mileage and so far, so good. After yesterday’s 7 miles, my total for the week was 22. I’m usually closer to 10-15, so this is a great step in the right direction. Running is a good way for me to have a “sport” to focus on instead of just maniacally burning calories, so it’s something I intend to keep up. Even if that means pounding out 3 miles on the treadmill over lunch.
2) We had a nice Valentine’s date last night! Went to the Single Barrel, the place where Jeff got to butcher his hog for his Christmas present. I always get their steak salad and love it, and Jeff had their bangers & mash. And we had a plate of pork frites to start:
Pork frites are french fries with a pulled pork topping on them. They’re terrible for you, and terribly delicious, and I enjoyed them immensely.
3) Last night, we got to witness a marriage 6 years in the making. Our friends Angela and Bryce were responsible for introducing Jeff and I. They’ve been together through studies abroad in Europe and firefighting in California, and have survived and thrived whether together or apart. They complement each other perfectly, and I was honored to be a part of their wedding (I ran the ceremony music). Cheers, Angela & Bryce!
4) I have GOT to work on my hydration. I say it all the time, but the last 1/3 of my run yesterday was god awful. I hadn’t brought along any water, and had really drank nothing but coffee all day. I had to stop at a store to get a drink of water because my lips were so chapped they bled. I skipped wearing my hydration belt because it creeps up my waist and messes with my arm swing, but I’m just going to have to find a way to work with that.
5) Meeting a bunch of my family at a winery today, and I can’t wait! We all live within about 60 miles of each other, but don’t get together nearly often enough. And wine? Added bonus, because lately I am all about the Pinot Grigio. It’s my jam.
6) Jeff’s about to go make me a veggie frittata for breakfast. My husband rules.