WEEEEEEEEEEEEKEND! It’s finally here. I’m taking an early leave from work today to get some stuff done before this weekend-more on that after Saturday. I got secrets, yo.
1) So, Ashley posted a drinking kitty photo today. Rebuttal? Of course.
2) So I may have mentioned that part of my knee pain issue was that I was running on way overdue old shoes. I got new running shoes Monday night, after my 6 mile run left me with a bit of knee pain. They were simply this year’s model of my Saucony’s, so no big deal. BUT..I’ve only run in those babies 4 times now, and look what I’ve already done:
Yep, got bloody toe of doom yesterday so bad it soaked through my sock AND my shoe. And the best part? I didn’t even notice it had happened until I took my shoes back out of my gym bag last night. That’s hardcore!
3) Beyond excited for our wine pairing dinner tonight. I’ve got a new dress to wear (houndstooth yay!), Jeff’s stoked, it’s going to be a good time. Yay birthday weekend commence!
4) I ran yesterday like I’d threatened to…and it didn’t hurt. I’ve got a five miler planned today that will actually put my weekly miles to 30, an all time high. I’m going to keep foam rolling, keep doing some strength stuff, and hopefully this was really just a case shoes past their prime. The guy at our Running store told me that you’re supposed to replace every 4-500 miles…oops. I’m sure my last pair had nearly double that on them. I use so many different apps to track my exercise, and some didn’t get tracked, so I have been logging everything on mapmyfitness lately to stay on top of things. Hopefully having that log and knowing when I started running on these shoes will give me a better indicator of when to change out.
5) All the good TV shows came back from hiatus at just the right time, because we’re almost out of episodes of “Being Human” on Netflix. First world problem right there.
That’s life, folks! I’ll get a recap of our wine pairing up once my post-dinner food coma dissipates. Have a great weekend!